Sunday, December 5, 2010

Jack-Jack Parr from Pixar

This is Jack-Jack Parr from Pixar's "The Incredibles". I know you're used to him as a baby, but I was imagining a sequel based around Jack-Jack and then I thought, "Well, what would this 'Older Jack-Jack' look like?" So, I took a pencil (which was orange at the time) and drew a thirteen year old Jack-Jack. DON'T PANIC! Yes, he is in his underwear, but there is a reason for that. I have trouble with getting proportions right, so I wanted to practice. So I drew Jack-Jack in his 'unmentionables'. I also wanted to see if I could get muscles right. He is a little beefy but all those super powers he needs to keep in check probably have something to do with that. Anyway, I spent a lot of time looking at pictures of Jack-Jack from the movie. I wanted to make sure that, even though he was older, you could still tell that he was the same lovable Jack-Jack. I thought that he would keep his hair in the same kind of style as the real movie, but he was obviously going to have more and I didn't want to make it too pointy. I gave him the wide, innocent eyes and the small smile. I wonder what the people at Pixar would think....Hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment