Sunday, December 5, 2010

More Dragons!



If you have seen the other dragon that I drew, you can see the difference between the two. I'm not talking about size, I'm talking about lines. You can stop scratching your heads because I am about to explain. The other dragon was drawn with very sharp edges and looked sinister. This one is round and fat looking. That's because it is a baby Dragon. People commented that it looked more like a flying pig or cow. Maybe so, but most magical creaturs are based off of real animals, so there. I drew this little guy in different positions. One of the problems I used to run into was that I could never re-draw a drawing in a different position. They always looked too different to be the same thing. But I really mastered that with these drawings. I drew the baby sitting, flying and sleeping. I personally like the flying one. It's little limbs are just kind of out there because it's wings are not strong enough to really hold all of him up yet. The body, I stuck to a kind of pear shape, which gave it the appearance of a fat puppy. The horns and the scales on it's back are round and smooths over and he has no claws, so you can tell he really won't hurt anyone. And the final thing is that I didn't add a mouth. I don't think this little guy had much to say, his cuteness says it all.

1 comment: